Well it's been over a year since I've been out of college and a full year of working a grown up job and here are some things I've learned along the way:
1. No matter how tired you are, you cannot call in sick the next day just because you went out the night before,
2. Taxes? Yeah, those things exist, and once they figure out you are a single full time working adult, they tax you like a bi**!
3. Dressing up for work is fun, but do not wear the 6 inch pumps you wore back in the day when you were too drunk to feel how much your feet hurt. Invest in some comfortable heels, trust me on this.
4. Bills will keep coming, especially those student loans, no more requesting off pointless days with no pay.
5. You don't roll your eyes at the deals New York & Co and the Loft are always advertising, in fact you keep track of all the coupons they email you and get excited the go spend some money in there.
6. NETWORK! NETWORK! NETWORK!
7. Now that you are making real money, you can afford nicer things and not feel guilty about indulging.
8. Savings account, it is a LIFE SAVER!
9. You will have to learn to balance your work and your personal life.
10. Stick up for your self and what you want, do NOT let anyone walk all over you, but at the same time, you do not know it all, you have so much more to learn.